An archaeological assessment of the drainage improvement area on the northeast side of Alamo Hall, and home of former Mayor Wilhelm Thielepape (41BX507), San Antonio, Texas
Nickels, David L.
MetadataShow full item record
In December 1979, before installing a drainage system on the southwest corner of the grounds of the Alamo behind Alamo Hall, the Daughters of the Republic of Texas contracted with the the Center for Archaeological Research to conduct investigations to determine the possibility of significant subsurface cultural material being impacted by the proposed construction. Four hand-excavated units revealed the walls of an adobe structure believed to be the home of former mayor Wilhelm Carl August Thielepape. Structural remains of a detached kitchen structure were also discovered. Archival research indicates the house was built by 1854 and demolished ca. 1936.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Intensive Pedestrian Survey of the Leon Creek Greenway Trail from Levi Strauss Park to the Lackland Corridor Monument, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas Kemp, Leonard (Technical Report No. 80, 2019)The University of Texas at San Antonio’s Center for Archaeological Research (CAR), in response to a request from Bain Medina Bain, Inc., conducted an intensive pedestrian survey of an extension for the Leon Creek South ...
Archaeological Investigations at the Lily Pond in Brackenridge Park, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas Ulrich, Kristi M. (Technical Report No. 35, 2011)On August 18, 2011, archaeologists from the Center for Archaeological Research (CAR) at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) conducted archaeological monitoring of backhoe trenching within the Lily Pond located ...
Archaeological Investigations of Room 17, the Church at Mission San Juan Capistrano (41BX5), San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas Thompson, Jennifer L. (Technical Report No. 28, 2011)In February and March 2011, the Center for Archaeological Research at the University of Texas at San Antonio (CAR-UTSA) re-excavated trenches first excavated by Mardith Schuetz in 1968 at two locales outside Room 17, the ...